First - let me begin by saying my husband is wonderful. He has spent the last few days taking care of a sick wife and two very awnry children. However, I have to ask. Have any of you seen the commercial (for some cold medicine) where the mother is feeling so much better and comes out of her germy domain to find the house a wreck? And all you want to do is crawl back into that cozy bed and sleep a few more hours hoping the mess will take care of itself? Well, that is how today was for me. I was alive yesterday, and even ventured out of my bedroom for a little while - however it was not until today that I realized the mess that two young children can make in only a few short hours!!! I must say this - my husband did run the dishwasher, help the kids roll out and cook the sugar cookies I had promised them before the wonderful stomach flu overtook me, got them ready for church this morning, prepared many lunches and suppers, changed numerous diapers, and even went to the grocery store - but the mess just never ends!!! How do single moms make it when they are sick? I just don't know!
Needless to say - the last few hours - after a MUCH needed shower, I have been disinfecting and cleaning the house in preparation for a house full of more children tomorrow. But, I must admit I am looking forward to finding my bed soon. Now, as long as my children go along with this plan - all will be well this evening!
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Sorry to hear you've been sick.
Thank goodness you have a guy who will pitch in with the kids and all. I think most men figure to clean it all up at the end of their stint. You know what happens if I come home a day early from someplace!!!
KW
Post a Comment