It is just "one of those days" around here - if anything could go wrong, it can and will. It all started in the middle of the night last night. First, I heard a noise. Then, a little bit later Chris heard a noise and then the neighbor's dog went ballistic - so we had VERY little sleep. Then - we slept in WAY too late. Except for Creed, of course. He came to my side of the bed to wake me up this morning (which was a good thing at the time) and told me he was wet and needed changed. I soon found out just how wet he was and how wet my floor, the kitchen floor (which he had wondered to first), and the rug were!!! AAH!! So now I had to clean him up and the floors all before a shower. If you know me - this is NOT a good thing!! And then, the fun began. My thinking today was this: Kady and another little girl at daycare have library hour this morning. So, while they were gone for an hour or so, I would let Creed and the other daycare kids play in his room (a treat for them) while I would run around here like a mad woman trying to get everything together and packed so we could go to my parent's for Thanksgiving! Well, let's just say that little plan (or at least the other two little boys in the house) had other ideas!!! They did play well in Creed's room for a few moments - but once Creed realized what I was doing - he assumed we were going to Grandma's house right that instant and started packing a bag of his own and dragging everything you could think of to the front door! I once AGAIN explained that we would not be going to Grandma's house until supper time and that he should just enjoy playing with his friend while mommy packed across the hall. Ok, that lasted all of about 5 minutes. (You'd never imagine what I got done in that 5 minutes, though!!) Then, I smelled an aroma coming from Creed's room and went in to find the culprit. It was Creed - of course. So, I went over to get a diaper to change him and what did I find. We had ONE diaper left. Okay, that means a trip to Wal-mart immediately or potty training begins today! NOT. So - I loaded up both boys and headed to Wal-mart as quick as I could so I could be back before the girls came through the door. Now, once there are four children in the house, there is no packing happening. So - when my wonderful husband came in for lunch and told me that when he picked up Kady from school today he was done at work so he could help me pack and get things around - I was elated!! Now, as I sit here with my son to keep reminding him to stay in his bed since he is SO excited he cannot remain in it, I can relax and have a few moments of peace and wonder what else is going to go wrong!
Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday. I know I will. It is Thanksgiving in Clinton this year with the ENTIRE family - so it will be loads of fun! And Friday at 3 AM I will be headed out to enjoy a full day of shopping - without the children!!! I'll think of all of you as you are sleeping soundly in your bed!!
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
And sleeping is exactly what we will be doing! How you can think about shopping at that hour is beyond me, esp. after such a day as you had today. Ah, the energy of youth!
Post a Comment