I have a few confessions to make. The first, I have been obsessing and counting down the days until the Friday after Thanksgiving. Yes, I am one of the completely insane people that get up before any sane person should be awake and SHOP!! I am not a shopper. I do not LOVE to shop for myself. Nothing fits, the clothes I used to wear do not look as good on a "mommy" figure as a "pre-mommy" figure, and I am way too stingy. However, on this day I will stand in line for two hours and deal with "not so gentle words" just for the THRILL of it all. I guess you could say when it comes to shopping for Christmas and gifts for others - I am there! My sister in law got me into this addiction so I only have her to blame. So - while many of you are sleeping in your nice warm cozy bed next Friday morning - I will be out Christmas shopping. The goal of the day - to get all or almost everything done! We have no other time to go shopping in December - so this is it!!!The second confession, which explains the first (a little). I LOVE CHRISTMAS!! I think I am as bad as a little kid when it comes to Christmas. Now, don't get me wrong. Christmas for a child is mostly about the presents. Presents are not really that important to me. Chris and I usually don't even exchange Christmas gifts so we can spend more on the rest of you!!! :) No - really, I love the magic of Christmas. The wonder and amazement of all of it! It is the one holiday where people go out of there way to do something kind for their neighbors, their family, their friends. It is the time of the year where lights and music can be seen or heard down every street and in every store. I love to see my children's eyes light up when we first light the Christmas tree! I love the joy they get in helping to put up the tree and decorate the house. As Kady gets older - her total belief in Santa and rationalization she has for "how he does things" on Christmas amazes me! And to think - I married a man that was born on Christmas day! Wow - God sure is amazing!!!
And the third confession, I am decorating for Christmas. Yes, it is weeks away. BUT you cannot squelch my enthusiasm!! Kady, Creed and I hung up the garland and lights on the deck Sunday. No - I have not brought myself to actually turn on the lights yet, but this weekend if you drive by - don't be surprised to see the lights shining and the tree up!!! It' Christmas - It's time to Praise the Lord for His Glorious Gift!

No comments:
Post a Comment