
It's over! The final session of Caravan this fall. I have to say - I AM exhausted!!! Normally, I have all summer to plan for Caravan and get things together - but this year was different. This year I took on Children's Director at the church so I had been busy ALL summer with other activities for the kids. And honestly, Caravan just kind of crept up on me all too soon!!! But, I have a break. At least until January. But - in the mean time, I will be co-directing our Children's Musical!! (Did I tell you I am nuts and exhausted!) No really, this shouldn't be too bad. I have help and most of the "grunt" work has been done and all we have to do is get the kids to learn the songs, their lines, their solos, their trios, behave, not get sick the day of the program, understand that they cannot poke their friend in the eye while on stage, keep their hands to themselves, not pick their nose on stage, avoid eating a microphone, keep their costumes on, not pull on the angels wings, not spend TOO much time waving at mom and dad in the audience, avoid a "spotlight" breakdown from a five year old, and WHATEVER else can go wrong in this endeavor! So, just in case you need the date - so you can see just how true any of these statements will become (and so my mom can write it down because I know she didn't when we were talking on the phone the other day) - it will be Dec 14th in the pm. And that is just about all I have to say about that.
Now - a little cute conversation from "Kady World". Kady had to use the boys bathroom to wash her hands at church today. She came out and told me, "Mom, I don't like the boys bathroom as well as ours. They have just one potty and then they have this baby holder on the wall. OK - it took me a minute because I do not often find myself in a men's bathroom - but soon I knew what she was referring to - the urinal. Why it is a baby holder to my 5 year old child - I do not know. I did not want to know at that point and time. I just explained "it is a urinal and no, they do not have those in the girls bathrooms". And life went on with that explanation - thankfully!

1 comment:
It's been on the calendar for several days!!!!
Post a Comment