The last few weeks around our house have been a little tense. My husband is a proudly proclaimed Republican. This election was a "serious blow" for him. I, on the other hand, consider myself a Republican, but I also feel that my vote should mirror my beliefs. And, I know that the President-elect is a democrat - but that is NOT why I have my concerns. My concerns regarding this man are that his values and beliefs are not in line with the Bible. I know that many are longing for "change" in our nation, but at what price!
Anyway - I say all this to share a verse I found today. I was looking for an additional verse for our Christmas play and I ran across this:
"For unto us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the GOVERNMENT shall be on his shoulders. And He will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace"
God was in control of the world over 2000 years ago and He is still in control today. Sometimes I feel that those elected are running the country - but God, and only God, has full control of this nation and this world.
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
we are in a series at church and actually talked about faith and politics this past sunday. I am not one to usually say listen to my sermon, but it hopefully speaks to some of your thoughts on how we as christians should respond to the political world and how we can be involved in it as well. See ya in a few weeks.
Post a Comment