"I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart."

............

Kady's comment of the moment:

We had accidentally purchased some "Medium" Salsa instead of "Mild". Kady was telling us how hot it was and then said, "I wonder what "LARGE" tastes like?!"



Creed's comment of the moment:



Creed jumping up and down with excitement yelling - "Yeah, I love Open House. Woo-Hoo!!" And then, without missing a beat, looks up at me and asks, "What is Open House, by the way."




Sunday, November 23, 2008

It's Christmas Time


At least that is what Creed would be telling you.
It all began on Friday night. To get us in the holiday spirit we pulled out one of the best Christmas movies of all time - THE POLAR EXPRESS. The kids got out their sleeping bags and snuggled on the floor. Creed was REALLY getting into the movie - yelling at the little boy to RUN faster or hit the brake. It was SO cute. That night we all headed to bed and the next morning it was time to get the Christmas boxes out of the shed. Poor, Chris has to lug them all down from the loft in the shed. And, unfortunately for him, I purchased the large, long, and heavy Rubbermaid boxes to store all those wonderful winter items in! Once we got everything in we found that the ladybugs that had invaded the shed earlier in the fall had also found their way into the little holes in our Rubbermaid tubs. So, as everything got taken out - it got vacuumed with the shop vac and wiped down. Let's just say this process was not fun - but hey, who wants their holiday fun smelling like those stinky ladybugs instead of cookies and cinnamon!



So - after we got things cleaned up - Kady, Chris and Creed started in on the tree. We have said this for the past few years - but this really has to be the last year for this tree. It is about 13 years old and has served us well. We have spent each year putting the branches in and trying to decide which color goes first or last. We then string the lights and restring them to make sure they are all arranged evenly on the tree. However, I now think it may be time for a wonderful tree that unfolds like an umbrella, that is pre-lit. They make those and have made those for years. Who would know?
Anyone - once we got the tree up and a few naps underway, the kids helped me put the lights on the tree.

This year the kids did ALOT of the decorating of the tree and I just kept thinking that I would have to move that ornament or that bulb or that bow as they hung their items on the tree. But, then, I decided, who cares?? My kids were SO proud of being able to help decorate the tree that no matter how much it bothers me that all the ornaments are on one side, I am leaving it alone. Once we put the last ornament on the tree, Creed looked at me and said - "Mommy, it's Christmas time." And yes Creed, it is. The most wonderful time of the year.

No comments: