Saturday, April 24, 2010
Update on Creed ...
Well - Creed's night terrors had seemed to "lessen" in intensity and he was not seeming to have them as often a few weeks ago. But - unfortunately, this week, he has started in again - and with a vengeance. They have been a little more intense this week and I think he has had one EVERY night. We have found that they seem to begin with the sweats. Last night, I went in to check on him before I headed off to dream land and found that he was sound asleep. He was not sweaty at all and was sleeping soundly. Chris went in about 15 minutes late and found Creed drenched in sweat and the minute Chris took his covers off - Creed started crying and "acting out" his dream. Another night he was running through the house - trying to find a safe, safe, place. We have tried waking him up a little before he has a terror - which worked for a while - but now seems to lead to the terror itself. Some have said chocolate makes the terrors worse - so we have tried to back away from those. During one terror he said something about Patrick - which is a character on Spongebob - so we have made sure he no longer watches that show. We have made sure he does not drink anything before bed - since some have said if they have to go potty it makes the terror worse. I have also gotten him to take a nap TWICE this week - and he is still having the terrors. So - if anyone else has any other ideas, I am up for them. We are VERY tired and hate seeing our son so scared. We know he doesn't remember them in the morning - but it is still a little discomforting.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment