"I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart."

............

Kady's comment of the moment:

We had accidentally purchased some "Medium" Salsa instead of "Mild". Kady was telling us how hot it was and then said, "I wonder what "LARGE" tastes like?!"



Creed's comment of the moment:



Creed jumping up and down with excitement yelling - "Yeah, I love Open House. Woo-Hoo!!" And then, without missing a beat, looks up at me and asks, "What is Open House, by the way."




Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Prepare to be disguisted

My daughter came home from school today with a few band-aids on her knees and hip. Nothing new for Kady. She is not quite as coordinated as needed sometimes. She told me she went to catch the ball and landed in the gravel instead of the grass. So - I made a mental note to myself that she needed a good soak in a bath and some neosporin on her "scrapes" before bed.

We were getting ready to head out - so I told her to get her comb so I could fix her hair. I did a couple strokes through her hair and then noticed something. No - not that something! I noticed her white comb was no longer white. It was turning brown before my eyes. EWWW! She then went on to tell me that she had swung upside down on the swings that day and "dragged" her hair through the dirt. Then - she told me that when she fell in the gravel - she fell on her head too. I have decided that this little girl that comes home from school dirtier than any boy I know - reminds me a lot of myself. I didn't care if I was nasty. (Yes, my mom could tell you stories of how my hair was NASTY because I refused to wash it) I didn't care if my hair was even combed that day. I just wanted to have FUN outside. And - I'm glad my little girl is the same way. Altho - I have to admit - we had a discussion about dragging your hair in the dirt on the playground that evening! :)


EWWW!

No comments: