"I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart."

............

Kady's comment of the moment:

We had accidentally purchased some "Medium" Salsa instead of "Mild". Kady was telling us how hot it was and then said, "I wonder what "LARGE" tastes like?!"



Creed's comment of the moment:



Creed jumping up and down with excitement yelling - "Yeah, I love Open House. Woo-Hoo!!" And then, without missing a beat, looks up at me and asks, "What is Open House, by the way."




Saturday, March 20, 2010

Correction on the "thing"

We went down to Children's AGAIN yesterday for our final visit with Kady's surgeon. AND - after further pathology exams - they found that this cyst was actually a synovial cyst. Basically - it occurs around the knee and elbow joints. They explained to me that the fluid in your knee and elbow joints is this synovial fluid and it leaked out and formed this cyst on her forearm. The fluids form a gelatin type substance inside the "cyst" structure and that is what caused the lump and why it looked so unusual on the MRI and the ultrasound. Crazy thing is - this is EXTREMELY rare and unusual for this type of cyst to happen in a child. But - Kady has proven since day one that if something unusual was going to happen - it was going to happen to her. :) But - they did say they got it all out and that we were done with them. And - I have to say, I was VERY happy to hear that! So - we stand corrected in the final diagnosis of "The Thing". However, since I cannot say synovial very well - I think I will stick with "the bump" - it's easier! :)

No comments: