I have to take a few moments to brag on my little girl. She is the princess of awards lately. October 31st she came from school with 3 medals and a ribbon. She had been practicing all week at school for their October Olympics and every night she would tell me how "every other kid in my class can hula hoop longer than me." Or - "I can't throw a ball as far as the boys in my class." and she was VERY disappointed. I tried to encourage her as any mother would and explain that she cannot be the BEST at everything - but she needs to TRY her best. And then she walked in the door on Friday with three medals. I was SHOCKED!! I expected to have a pouty little girl on my hands that was disappointed that she had not won anything all day. She won 1st place in the bouncy ball throw, 1st place in the scooter race, and 2nd place in the long jump. And she got a ribbon for participating! She was SO proud of herself and we were so proud of her as well!
On Sunday Kady had her last soccer game. I was sick and couldn't go - but on Tuesday night she filled me in on all the action while standing in my doorway! She scored SIX goals on Sunday and got a medal for such a great season! I was SO proud of her!

No comments:
Post a Comment