"I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart."

............

Kady's comment of the moment:

We had accidentally purchased some "Medium" Salsa instead of "Mild". Kady was telling us how hot it was and then said, "I wonder what "LARGE" tastes like?!"



Creed's comment of the moment:



Creed jumping up and down with excitement yelling - "Yeah, I love Open House. Woo-Hoo!!" And then, without missing a beat, looks up at me and asks, "What is Open House, by the way."




Thursday, July 23, 2009

BOYS

I love my little boy to death! But - sometimes I just don't get him. Monday, he was playing outside and waited too long to come inside and ended up peeing on my kitchen floor. And not just peeing his pants on my kitchen floor - but since we had told him that he would be in trouble if his underwear got wet - he pulled down his pants and literally peed all over the kitchen floor. So - I explained to him that he should NOT wait that long - but if he wasn't going to make it he should have turned his body and peed on the deck, not on the kitchen floor!!! (Makes since to me, how about you??) So - today, he was talking to me and then all the sudden told me, "Mommy I need to go pee". I was cutting up watermelon and told him I would be right there. Then, I turned around to go and wash my hands and I see him standing in the patio door peeing on the deck!!! I wanted to yell - WHAT ARE YOU DOING?? But something inside me said - Don't! I knew if I did he would turn to tell me what he was doing and there would be pee all over the door, the kitchen, and anything else in the path. So, I waited until he was finished and then scolded him. He looked at me and said "But mommy, you said if I couldn't make it to the bathroom to pee on the deck and not the kitchen floor!" Another round of explanation of when it is appropriate to pee outside and when it is NOT, and now we will see what the rest of the day brings.

No comments: