I heard quite the conversation taking place in the van the other evening. I think it went a little like this ...
Creed - "Kady some day when we get all growed up, I'm gonna marry you, because I am a boy and you are a girl and we will be all growned up."
Kady - "Creed, you cannot marry me, I am your sister."
Creed - "No Kady, I am going to marry you when you are all growned up, not now."
Kady - "Creed, you can't marry me. I am your sister. There is a law that says you cannot marry your brother or sister and not even your cousin."
Creed - "But I have a book in my room with ALL the laws and it does not say you cannot marry your sister."
Kady - "You don't have the law in your room, Creed!"
Creed - "I do to! It's called my Bible, it has ALL the laws in it!"
Kady - "Creed, I'm not talking about the law in the Bible, I am talking about the law in the government. It says you cannot marry your sister."
Creed - "But my Sunday School teacher told me the Bible has all the laws in it and we have to do what it says."
Kady - "But Creed - your Bible does NOT say you can marry me!"
Creed - "Than who am I gonna marry."
Kady - "I don't care, but you are NOT marrying me!!"
Tuesday, December 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment