"I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart."

............

Kady's comment of the moment:

We had accidentally purchased some "Medium" Salsa instead of "Mild". Kady was telling us how hot it was and then said, "I wonder what "LARGE" tastes like?!"



Creed's comment of the moment:



Creed jumping up and down with excitement yelling - "Yeah, I love Open House. Woo-Hoo!!" And then, without missing a beat, looks up at me and asks, "What is Open House, by the way."




Monday, February 1, 2010

Weekend Wedding

My cousin - the only "girl" cousin I have - got married this weekend. I have been SO excited to go and share a part of this special day with our family. Unfortunately, we have not all been together in MANY years - so it was nice to get to see (almost) everyone again. Chris and I have been married for 12 years, and he hadn't even met all of the family yet. :) And we all decided that we were not going to let this much time lapse between our next visits.

We were in for quite the trip. The weather report for our destination was ice and snow. Luckily, the weather man was a good weather man and was wrong - and there was only snow. But - there was lots of it! About 6 inches were falling as we were finding our way down to the southwest corner of Missouri. It really wasn't too bad on the Interstate, but then we decided to stop for supper with Lance's family. OK, maybe that wasn't the best idea. By the time we got on the road again, the snow had started to come down again and what was there was blowing. So, we found ourselves on a very unfamiliar road that had not been plowed. We weren't real sure where the white lines were or if we were on the right side of the road, but as long as we were between the reflectors - we were good.

Saturday morning we spent some time at my Uncle and Aunt's house visiting with my cousin Brian and his family. They are from SOUTH Texas so his kids were new to this snow thing. They caught on quick! "Little" Brian figured out how to throw a mean snowball before too long. It was fun to watch how well the kids played together even though they really didn't know each other. Kady and Gabriella are the same age and they hit it off right away. Coloring, playing out in the snow, doing puzzles, etc. The last time they had "played" together they were about 18 months old - so it was cute to see how big they are getting.

Saturday evening was the "BIG EVENT". It was beautiful. The wedding was in this "museum" that used to be a house. It was so "quaint" and "intimate". They got married in this room with stars on the ceiling and a window allowing the evening sun to come through. All with family and close friends sitting by.

Sunday afternoon we got to spend some more time with family. Surprisingly, my cousin - the bride - surprised us at lunch. Her and her new husband were not going to their honeymoon destination until Monday, so they got to spend some time with family and friends before they left. It was SO nice to see her. It had been TOO long! And we got to meet her husband and his family as well - so it was just a neat afternoon.

After getting lost, (or at least going WAY out of our way) we went back to my Uncle and Aunt's house for the afternoon. We headed out and arrived home late Sunday night. We were tired, but it was SO worth the trip. Chris and I both agreed that we needed to make that trip again this summer and spend some time with family. So - just be ready for us Aunty Velle!! :)

And for those of you who would like to see pictures - you know I have some.




"Little" Brian, Creed and Kady playing in the snow. This was one of the first times that my cousin's kids, Gabriella and Brian, had gotten to play in snow.


Gabriella and Kadynce ready for a wedding!


My cousins - Brian and Cindy. I bet you can guess who the beautiful bride was!


My cousins - Cindy and Brad. I think it was hard for Brad to see me "all grown up" this weekend. I'm sure to him I'll always be that little, bratty girl that liked to be a pest whenever possible. :)


The White-Wilson cousins. Anita, Brian, Cindy, Brad and Lance. We are unfortunately missing two cousins in the picture. Steve and Keith. Ages - let's see - why not, I'm the youngest :) 34, 40, 36 (for a few more days), 44, and 39. It is so weird to see all those large numbers. I still remember when we were 6, 12, 8, 16, and 11. Those were the days! It was fun to reminiscence, although some how no one remembered the things I remembered. :)


Me and my Aunty Velle. (Aunt LaVelle) She is the best cook, best hugger, and sweetest woman you will ever meet!

Cindy and Norman enjoying their first dance together as husband and wife.

1 comment:

Cynthia Wilson said...

Love the pictures. Thanks for posting. We definitely need to get together again! I can see Gabriela and Katy hanging out in their teenage years...with teeth...lol!