
I had just put Kady in bed this evening and I heard her little feet coming back down the hall. I was just about ready to give her "the look" and send her back to her bed when she asks, "Mommy, did you look in the front of my lunchbox". I had to think for a minute about what she was talking about and then remembered she has a zipper portion to her lunchbox. I told her I had not and she gave me this little toothless grin (she lost the 7th tooth tonight) and told me to look. I opened unzipped and reached in and pulled out a half-wrapped chocolate heart. She told me, "My teacher gave these to us at lunch today and I saved one for you, since it was chocolate. I know how much you like chocolate." I know - an awwww moment. I thanked her for my "sweets" and told her I was going to enjoy it with a glass of milk. Even after all the "reminders" she had this morning and the "disagreement" we had about the shirt she was to wear to school, she still thought of me at lunch today. Kind of makes you feel special, huh?

2 comments:
That is so sweet!
Don't you just love the way they surprise us when we least expect it!
:)
Post a Comment