Ok, I'm gonna vent. And that may mine a jumble of words that make no sense, but hey, isn't that what blogging is for? So, if you would rather not read it - hit close now.
I have a show that I have always enjoyed watching - Jon and Kate Plus 8. (Some of you already know where this is going!) I loved watching this show because my kids could watch it with me. It was clean, they talked about God, and they let us get a little glimpse of their day to day lives with 8 children. Well, I've heard the rumors. So and so cheated, so and so paid him off, so and so is money hungry. But, I thought, I'm gonna watch this new season and see what they have to say. Media is media and you never know if what they are telling you is true or false.
So, last night I tuned in. I was not happy with the show at all. And not with the kids - but the adults. I was almost disguisted. They could not even look at each other! They could not even have an interview with them in the same room. That is SAD. She has not always spoken to him with kind words, but they seemed to get past that and seemed to have a decent relationship. Where did this happy couple go? Was it all for the show or have they forgotten all the blessing GOD has poured on them and gone with all the money? I just was VERY disappointed. Disappointed in the way she spoke of a person with such hatred. Disappointed in the way two people sat and blamed each other and could not look at themselves. Not only disappointed in two people that don't seem willing to FIGHT for their marriage and their children, but also disappointed for my children. With the talk of divorce and mommy against daddy, daddy against mommy - they will no longer be watching the new season. I do not want my children to think it is OK for two people to "just change and go their separate ways!!" It is NOT!! Yes, there are circumstances beyond our control - but GOD is more powerful than fame, money, fortune, paparazzi, and rumors. I guess what I should stop doing is complaining about it and start praying for them. I TRULY believe after reading their book that they DO believe in the power and healing of God, I just hope they can apply that to their own marriage.
OK, I am done with my ranting and raving. Just had to get it out. Sorry for making each of you my subjects!!!
Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I agree with you Anita, I was disappointed also in their behavior. I hope they can get their marriage back on track. I too am praying form them.
I forgot to leave my name on the previous comment.
Aunt Pam
Post a Comment