What began as a simple thought, has become a nightmare for us. I thought - wouldn't it be nice to "cosmetically" fix up the house since we had already fixed all the "real important" stuff. (Roof, doors, foundation, etc.) So - on Friday the demo began and by Sunday we had everything out to the curb for our city's clean up days. That's the mess you see below. Yes, all that came out of our house. Sad, isn't it! Our neighbors were wondering if anything was left!!!
Chris began demo in Creed's room on Friday and since then we have put in new flooring, new paint, new wallpaper border, new doors, new trim, new heater, new electrical outlets, new baseboard, and whatever else I have forgotten. During that time, Chris and his dad hung all the doors to the other rooms so we can have just a little bit of privacy around here! :-)
(The 3 foot tall supervisors)
We have completed number one of our never-ending "remodeling" projects. Creed's room is done. (Well, except the closet - but it is just a baseboard issue - we will get to that in time!)
Creed was so excited to get into his new room. He was jumping all around and showing EVERYONE that would listen where his toys were and his "Big Boy" border. It was nice to see how appreciative his was of all the hardwork we had put into it! I have a video, I'll have to post later. So - I'm off to do a little more painting during naptime. Tomorrow - it is time to lay the kitchen floor and more painting so we can get the thousand square feet of trim up around all the new doors! Have a good weekend everyone!

No comments:
Post a Comment