Wednesday, May 6, 2009
A Fashion Dilemma
Kady is growing up and is beginning to have a mind of her own. Fortunately, this also means she is "branching out" with her independence. Unfortunately, this means she is dressing herself. Now, first let me say I am NO designer - however I do know what colors match when it comes to clothing. I used to look at pictures of myself when I was younger and wonder why my mother ever let me wear that shirt and those pants together. Well, now I understand. The battle was not worth it! When it comes to school and church - Kady has some decision in what she wears - but the final word goes to mommy and daddy. However, when it comes to play clothes - there is no telling what outfit will walk out of her room. Just the other day she came out with these yellow pants and this pink shirt. Ok, you think, not too bad. Well - let's go on. She had yellow pants with red in it and the pink shirt had green polka-dots. And, the socks she had on - purple! The hair ribbon she brought me - green! I think she was going for rainbow that day!!! It took all I had in me not to say something to her. But, when school time rolled around, we did have the "that is not an appropriate outfit to wear to school" discussion and she changed with only a little whining. So, the next time you see my daughter on a walk or bike ride and she is dressed in a plether of colors and styles - just remember, she is standing her independence, anyway she knows how!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment