"I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart."

............

Kady's comment of the moment:

We had accidentally purchased some "Medium" Salsa instead of "Mild". Kady was telling us how hot it was and then said, "I wonder what "LARGE" tastes like?!"



Creed's comment of the moment:



Creed jumping up and down with excitement yelling - "Yeah, I love Open House. Woo-Hoo!!" And then, without missing a beat, looks up at me and asks, "What is Open House, by the way."




Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I Rose - But There was NO Shine!!

I woke up this morning to the sound of a paper sack rattling. I assumed my son was in the refrigerator getting some grapes since I told him in the middle of the night he could have some in the morning. Well - I was SO WRONG. I walked down the dark hallway to find my son in the living room, next to the bench in the doorway. It took me just a few moments to notice that his hands were covered in brown paint. Then, as my eyes began to work - I noticed that not only were his hands covered in paint, but the floor, the bench, the new coat, the clothes I had just purchased for a baby shower, and anything else in the area was also covered in paint. He had successful emptied a FULL bottle of acrylic craft paint in a matter of moments!!! I realized that the reason I heard the bag was he was trying to conceal the evidence. I guess he thought if he put the paint container (without the lid on) into the bag, I might not notice! :) OK - he was WRONG!!
Sorry, no pictures! I was WAY TOO frustrated to even get the camera out!!! All I could think about was - this is NOT washable paint. I HAVE to get this off this stuff before it dries and becomes a permanent fixture!! I had Creed go get my cell phone out of the bedroom which was again - A MISTAKE! Remember - he had paint on him, forgot about that - so there is now also little drops of paint down the hallway! I called my husband who willingly rushed home from work to help me scrub the floor! (Yes, he was at work already - it's tax season!) When Creed heard the back door open, he retreated to the front door and turned his back to us. I think he knew he was in for it at that point! Needless to say, we scrubbed and scrubbed, and I have again scrubbed and the paint is going to be a permanent fixture in the carpet. The second scrubbing did help, and it looks more like dirt or mud (or poop if you want to be honest about it) got matted into the carpet at this point - but I have NOT given up yet! I have found a few "solutions" on the internet and will try them this afternoon. I mean, come on - couldn't he at least have gotten the paint on the carpet in a place that I could have put some furniture on it or something! No - he HAD to decorate the carpet right in the entry way!!! As I told Chris as we were scrubbing, new carpet/flooring in the living room is NOT in the budget, so I will just have to keep scrubbing and hope for the best. Moral of the story - even after you have told your 2 1/2 year old son that this paint is OFF LIMITS and is NOT WASHABLE and that if he touches it he will die - that little voice inside his head will tell him to touch it. And, you will spend the rest of the day cleaning up the mess!!! And yes, (grandmas and grandpas) Creed is still alive, but he spent quite a while in his room this morning! And his mama is still not happy.

No comments: