"I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart."

............

Kady's comment of the moment:

We had accidentally purchased some "Medium" Salsa instead of "Mild". Kady was telling us how hot it was and then said, "I wonder what "LARGE" tastes like?!"



Creed's comment of the moment:



Creed jumping up and down with excitement yelling - "Yeah, I love Open House. Woo-Hoo!!" And then, without missing a beat, looks up at me and asks, "What is Open House, by the way."




Sunday, February 1, 2009

The WOW Factor

Yes, I did it. I broke down and purchased a new vacuum. I have needed one since November and have been getting by with just my swivel sweeper, my "doesn't really have any suction vacuum" and my handheld dust buster. Let's just say - it was TIME!!
I went to the store expecting to buy a different brand and model but instead Chris told the clerk I REALLY wanted a Dyson. Well - her ears perked right up and she let me know that in just a few days one of the models was going to be on clearance again. And - it was the same price as the one I was already looking at!!! Ok, I could NOT pass it up! I told Chris on the way home I was having definite buyer's remorse. I really didn't spend any more money than I was going to in the first place - it's just the whole thought of having something so nice in my house. Unfortunately, nice things in my house seem to get colored on, smashed into pieces, dented, or just plan broken. BUT - this vac comes with a "bumper to bumper" (as I like to call it) 5 year warranty!!! It is even Creed proof for 5 years!! Who can put a price on that???

So - after dealing with my buyer's remorse I used the vacuum. Let's just say - we have been living in total and complete filth! I was disgusted at the amount of dirt in the canister after one vacuum!!! EWWWWW!!! I only tell you this to let you know I am human and that I now see the errors of my ways!! A swivel sweeper and hand vac CANNOT do the job of a real vacuum no matter how hard you try! So - next time you venture into my humble abode you will find the floors spotless. (At least if Creed hasn't just finished a meal!!)

No comments: