"I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart."

............

Kady's comment of the moment:

We had accidentally purchased some "Medium" Salsa instead of "Mild". Kady was telling us how hot it was and then said, "I wonder what "LARGE" tastes like?!"



Creed's comment of the moment:



Creed jumping up and down with excitement yelling - "Yeah, I love Open House. Woo-Hoo!!" And then, without missing a beat, looks up at me and asks, "What is Open House, by the way."




Wednesday, February 4, 2009

TWENTY FIVE THINGS ABOUT ME

TWENTY FIVE RANDOM THINGS YOU MAY OR MAY NOT KNOW ABOUT ME:



1. I HATE peas. I cannot stand the smell of them!

2. When I was little, I wanted to be a NICU nurse. However, I soon found out I cannot stand the site of blood - so that dream was put to the wayside.

3. I LOVE my husband more now than I did 11 years ago!

4. I like to be VERY organized and have things planned ahead of time.

5. I do not like to watch horror movies or scary movies. Even suspenseful movies get to me sometimes.

6. I am NOT a morning person. I need a shower before I am really ready to talk to anyone in the morning.

7. I have a grandfather that was killed in World War II and although I never got to meet him here on earth - I am looking forward to reuniting with him in heaven someday.

8. I stretch myself WAY too thin and need to learn to say NO!

9. I have two older brothers. We tortured each other as we were growing up, but I would say we are all friends now.

10. I am not a very affectionate person - but am open for hugs and cuddles from my kids anytime!!!

11. I can count on my hands the number of times I have had privacy in the bathroom since my children were born!! (Yes, I know - GROSS! We are working on remedying that one since we are all getting older!!)

12. I hate to fly, but will to spare myself a 16 hour trip with Creed in the car.

13. I did not want to go to Olivet and actually did not register until about a week before school started. I'm glad my parents "forced" me to. I would have never met Chris if I had not gone.

14. I have no "reserve" when it comes to talking - sometimes that can get me in to some trouble.

15. I love to walk - hate to run.

16. I drink at least four glasses a milk a day. It is like coffee to me. I have to have it - or I just don't function well!

17. I HATE to put away laundry. Putting it in the washer and dryer - no big deal. Taking it from the laundry basket to the bedroom - HATE it!

18. I don't like anything carbonated.

19. I do not like to get up in front of people. I can teach a class full of kids and be as stupid as can be - but put me in front of adults and my stomach is in knots!!!

20. I DO NOT like bridges. I will speed over them just to get to the other side.

21. I played softball for 5 or 6 years. I was awful! I got "Most Improved Player" every year (because there was no other award to give me!!) and I only caught one ball my entire outfield career. The sad part about it - I didn't even know I caught it! I was looking on the ground for it and everyone was cheering. It was pretty pathetic. Needless to say, I had a VERY understanding and patient coach! I did play basketball and volleyball too. Those I played much better.

22. I worked for three long years as a customer service representative for Blue Cross Blue Shield. I HATED that job - but I needed to work!! I learned a lot about myself those three years.

23. I bought my wedding dress "on a whim" at a "going out of business sale" before I was even engaged. I remember my mom standing in front of the mirror looking at me and saying "Now, you have to wear this dress even if you don't marry Chris. This is not a Chris and Anita wedding dress - this is a Anita is going to wear this for her wedding someday dress." (We all knew it was gonna happen, though, right mom? - At least we hoped!)

24. I have had a lot of pets growing up. I had a turtle, parakeet, raccoon, hamster, gerbil, two dogs, fish, cockatiel, and a few unwanted cats that I fed because they were hungry.

25. I love to sing. I am not a very good singer - but I love to belt it out as loud as I can when I am driving along in my car. (Yes, I have had many stares from other drivers - but that is just when I had the windows down!! :) )

1 comment:

Honeybee said...

I'm with you on putting away laundry, but it goes double for emptying the dishwasher--don't know why, but I hate it. Though I don't speed across bridges, I do drive across gripping the wheel so tightly that I have white knuckles.