As any mother knows - we are ALWAYS proud of our children. But, I have been especially proud of Kady lately. In December, her Pre-K teacher approached us about Kady attending a "1st grade reading class". We were a little surprised since Kady was reading some, but mostly just sight words. However, in January, she went to her first reading class. Since then, she has just amazed me. She is reading books to herself daily and rarely needs help with the words! I am not sure HOW or WHEN she learned to read, she basically teaches herself most things. It is amazing!! I just hope that this "desire to learn" continues as she gets older!!! I'm just really proud of my little girl and thought I would share that with you! Sorry - bragging rights allowed - it's my blog!!!
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Bragging rights are definitely allowed!
I didn't know she was reading. We are so proud of you Katie. And you too Creed.
Great Grandma and Great Grandpa Shotts
Post a Comment