Sunday started bright and early around here. I had the Pre-K program in the morning and had to get the little ones on stage and ready for their "debut". My son, would NOT participate and would NOT get up on stage! But, the other kids got up there and did a GREAT job. I knew that there was no point in teaching the kids any songs - because only a few of them would be brave enough to sing! So - instead, we just did a few motions and rang some bells. Let's be honest - we don't expect much out of them at age 2 or 3. We just want to see them get up there all cute and handsome so we can take a picture!
Then, after the little one's program it was downstairs to the older kids to iron out a few things for that evening's performance. And let me tell you, these kids were pumped! They were ready! And they came and CONQUERED!! The kids did a great job! They sang like I have never heard them sing before. Most of them (you always have a few stragglers) stayed where they were supposed to and did what they were supposed to do. I was SO proud of the kids! When we got to the last word of the last song - they were BEAMING!!! They were so proud of themselves! It was a lot of work, and unfortunately meant a lot of time away from my husband and children, but after seeing how well those kids did last night - it was worth it!
Now - to brag on two particular people! Kady has been such a good sport through all of this! There were many practices she had to go early or stay late. There were many times she went with her hair uncombed or still chewing the food in her mouth because mommy had to be at church "NOW". And on Saturday, I found out one of the tapes that I needed for the Pre-K program was NOT going to work. So - I asked Kady if she would say the part in the microphone while the little kids acted it out! She did not even hesitate to tell me YES! She was SO excited. She got up there for her part, said it slowly like we had practiced and did a great job. Unfortunately, the mic got turned off by the Pastor before she got up there - but she just spoke as loud as she could. Chris could even hear her up in the balcony! I was SO proud of my (not so little anymore) girl! Then - she also had a trio to sing in the Children's program last night. Unfortunately - again for her - the music got started just a tad early and the girls were not quite at the mic yet - but they went on without a hitch and did it perfectly!! Again - so proud.
But wait - the best is yet to come! My wonderful husband has played many roles over the last few months. He has had to be Mister Mom each and every night that I have had to be at church working on things. He has had to be the Bouncer on many Sunday mornings, Sunday nights, and Wednesday nights. He has had to be the Single man without his partner at the marriage Sunday School class while I practiced with the little ones during that time. He has had to be the Contractor helping his father make the background scenes for the musical. He has had to be the Weightlifter as I have had him moving altars, pews, chairs, etc. to set the stage for last night. He has also - and most importantly - been a great supporter through all of this!! He has listened to me when I have come home from a practice where I spent more time disciplining then practicing! Or he has listened to me get frustrated with something and always offered a solution! Oh - but I am forgetting one thing! He had also graciously offered to be a part in the play! And not just any part! Look below and you will see what I mean. This wonderful man got all dressed up and PERFORMED this part to the utmost! It was AWESOME! I had three wonderful "guys" that were my three wise men and they ALL did all they could do to make this musical great! (But of course - I favor the guy in the white jumpsuit!)

1 comment:
It really was a musical to remember--great music, great kids, great message, and great fun to watch. You did a wonderful job as did the kids and the adults!
Post a Comment