"I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart."

............

Kady's comment of the moment:

We had accidentally purchased some "Medium" Salsa instead of "Mild". Kady was telling us how hot it was and then said, "I wonder what "LARGE" tastes like?!"



Creed's comment of the moment:



Creed jumping up and down with excitement yelling - "Yeah, I love Open House. Woo-Hoo!!" And then, without missing a beat, looks up at me and asks, "What is Open House, by the way."




Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Trip to the Zoo

We took my parents to the airport on a Saturday and decided we would find something to do in St Louis that afternoon. Well, much to their daddy's disappointment, the kids once again chose the zoo. (He is just not a zoo guy) The best part of their choice - free entertainment for the afternoon. Gotta love a free zoo with free street parking!!!


The penguins.
The first place Kady and Creed wanted to see. Gotta love a COLD penguin habitat on a HOT summer's day.


The headless penguin.


This was Creed's third time around in the revolving door. Notice the hand strategically placed on his head. This was to steer him out of the door. Chris had to go and "retrieve" him from the other side. He just could not figure out how to "get out" of the thing. It was quite funny!!


Kady and Creed on the carousel at the Zoo. It has kind of become a tradition to ride the carousel at the zoo. And, a plus was - this year Creed was old enough and tall enough to ride on his own! Yeah for us. I am getting WAY too old for things that go around and around.


This was the title of Creed's animal he rode on the Carousel at the Zoo. A good fit! :)






Our GPS for the day.
(Or at least he thought)


Write your own caption here! :)


My two monkeys checking out their monkey friends. I think Kady and Creed could have stayed here forever. This group of monkeys were pretty crazy that afternoon.


As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words. And, this was taken with the zoom as high as it will go. I DO NOT get that close to ANY kind of reptile. Glass or no glass.



Kady and Creed checking out the elephants.
It was a fun day at the zoo. We really did have a good time despite the heat and humidity. And - as we were getting ready to leave the zoo, I just happened to run into one of my dearest friends from college. She was actually the maid of honor at my wedding. We had lost touch a few years ago and I had NO idea she had just recently moved to the St Louis area! I have a feeling it won't be long before I'll have to head that way and do some "reconnecting". It was just a hidden blessing to come out of another long day! Gotta love those hidden blessings!!

No comments: