"I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart."

............

Kady's comment of the moment:

We had accidentally purchased some "Medium" Salsa instead of "Mild". Kady was telling us how hot it was and then said, "I wonder what "LARGE" tastes like?!"



Creed's comment of the moment:



Creed jumping up and down with excitement yelling - "Yeah, I love Open House. Woo-Hoo!!" And then, without missing a beat, looks up at me and asks, "What is Open House, by the way."




Thursday, September 30, 2010

Kady's Birthday Celebrations

Kady celebrated her 7th birthday with some girl friends on Saturday. We had five VERY talkative and sweet girls at our house for most of the afternoon. It was SO neat to see Kady interact with her friends and to see the differences among her close friends. A few were very outgoing like Kady. A few were very quiet and reserved. A few were a mix of outgoing and reserved. It was just interesting to see how well this group of girls got along and played well together! We had a great afternoon with them. We ate pizza and had ice cream and cupcakes for Kady's birthday, opened presents, and then went to the local rollerskating rink for a few hours. It was SO much fun. Some of the girls had NEVER skated and some had been a few times - but it still looked like Bambi on ice out there! I know we sent them all home with a few bumps and bruises - but I think they all thought every fall to the hard floor was worth it!!
Here are a few pictures from our celebration.

Blowing out her candle.
Well, actually a replay of the actual event.
I have got to get a new camera. This one just isn't fast enough!!


Kady rollerskating.
She stayed up most of the time - but as you can tell - it definitely was not done gracefully! :)


Rollerskating limbo.
My kids LOVE it. I'm not sure this is exactly how it is to be done - but whatever gets you under the stick - right?


Creed doing his own version of limbo under the VERY low stick! Try doing this in rollerskates!


Kady opened Creed's birthday presents on her birthday. I love that my kids are so happy to give to each other!!

No comments: