"I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart."

............

Kady's comment of the moment:

We had accidentally purchased some "Medium" Salsa instead of "Mild". Kady was telling us how hot it was and then said, "I wonder what "LARGE" tastes like?!"



Creed's comment of the moment:



Creed jumping up and down with excitement yelling - "Yeah, I love Open House. Woo-Hoo!!" And then, without missing a beat, looks up at me and asks, "What is Open House, by the way."




Thursday, June 9, 2011

Motther's Day Surprises

Did I mention I was WAY behind on blogging??

I woke up on the Saturday before Mother's Day to this sign on my door.


(Since Chris was going to be out of town on Sunday, he and the kids decided to celebrate Mother's Day on Saturday. )

I quickly got back in my bed and found the bowl I was to use as my bell. (I guess we couldn't find a bell that morning :) )
Soon I was surprised with two smiling children with homemade pancakes, a tall glass of milk and syrup.


Then - the gifts started pouring in. And pouring in. And then, since neither wanted to be out done by the other - my children were soon finding gifts in their room to give me!!


You can see my "loot" below.




They had each made me a painting and picture that morning. Kady parted with her Hershey's Bar she had gotten a few days earlier and Creed gave me one of his safety pop suckers. What a guy! :) Then, we started bringing in a ruler, pencils and finally money!! Hey - this mom is NOT above taking money from her children! :) It was Mother's Day after all.



Creed brought this flower home from school. He brought it home on Wednesday and he and his dad had been "secretly" watering it in his closet every day.


And here is the note attached to the above flower. Gotta love those scribbles.


The rest of the day was spent being busy with other things - but it was nice to sleep in and have a morning with my family. Unfortunately, that is not something we get to do very often around here!

No comments: