"I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart."

............

Kady's comment of the moment:

We had accidentally purchased some "Medium" Salsa instead of "Mild". Kady was telling us how hot it was and then said, "I wonder what "LARGE" tastes like?!"



Creed's comment of the moment:



Creed jumping up and down with excitement yelling - "Yeah, I love Open House. Woo-Hoo!!" And then, without missing a beat, looks up at me and asks, "What is Open House, by the way."




Friday, March 25, 2011

I'd Want Hair Too ...

Kady finally did it. We have been talking for a few months about cutting her hair for locks of love. We talked about the fact the hair would be put together with other hair and be made into a wig for a child or a person that had lost their hair due to cancer. We actually had planned to do the 10 inch for locks of love - but found through the American Cancer Society a program called Beautiful lengths that only requires 8 inches. We also found this same program offers the wigs free of charge to the patients - unlike locks of love. We decided we wanted to go this route now instead of wait a few more months to grow out the other other two inches.
So - I made the appointment for a hair cut and told her that it would be her choice. She could get 3 inches cut off or 8 inches. She told me she would tell me on Friday afternoon. When I picked her up from school she told me she still didn't know - but by the time we left - she had decided she wanted to do it. In the van on the way to the salon - she told me that she is going to cut her hair because if she was sick and had to take medicine and lost her hair, she want hair (a wig) too. And - she LOVES it! She has been hopping around and flipping her head - she's never had hair this short that she can remember!
I love it - but I noticed once thing - she looks older with her hair shorter!! Not sure if I like that or not! But it looks SO much healthier and fuller. And - it's hair - it will always grow back if she decides she ever wants it long again.

And of course - some before and after pictures!






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kady So proud of you for being so thoughtful and giving hair to someone who needs it. Love, Grandma

Anonymous said...

how about a picture from the front so we can see the big smile with the beautiful hair?