My son and daughter's conversation during playtime today.
C - Let's be super-heroes.
K - I am going to be able to control you - I am mind-controlling.
C - I want to be invisible and shoot out bombs.
....
They played out their characters for awhile and soon I heard this conversation.
C - I am going to call you on my cell phone.
K - You can't, your cell phone is broken and won't call people.
C - Well, then I'll just text you.
K - Creed, if your cell phone is broke, then you can't text.
C - OK - I'll just go and facebook you.
K - But Creed, you don't have a password for facebook - you can't do that.
C - Then Kady - how am I ever going to talk to you!
K - You still have your DS - we will just have to pictochat.
C - Oh yeah - we can pitch - cho - chat.
....
Ok - here I go sounding like my parentals - BUT it has to be said. When I was a kid, there was no cell phone. Or, if there was, I didn't know anyone who had one until I was older. A text was a book you read at school. And the other stuff - well it wasn't even thought of yet! It makes me wonder what my grandkids will be talking about that will be gibberish to me in 30 years.
Thursday, March 3, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment