Creed and I were driving in the van the other day - having another one of our conversations. We were talking about a girl at church that was going to college soon. He told me he was NEVER going to college. I quickly told him, that he SHOULD go to college and would probably want to go to college when he was old enough.
He asked me a few questions about college, like where you lived, what you ate, etc. I tried to answer his questions in a way he would understand. I explained that most people lived in dorms or apartment buildings that were a little like hotels with hotel rooms. (Minus the pool) I explained that you normally ate in a really large restaurant with all your friends and there were LOTS of food to choose from.
He asked me if you could still play at college. I explained that by the time he was old enough to go to college that he probably would not play with toys like he does now. He might have other things he may do. I then added in that he would be able to stay up really late and do fun things with his friends.
He listened to me and sat quietly in his seat for a minute. Then I heard, "But mommy, I would REALLY miss you if I went to college!" (Ok, I am at the point of tears at this point). I told him I would miss him too, but that he might feel differently when he was a little older. He then asked, "Can I sleep at the house with you and then go to college during the day." I told him that yes, some people do that. He went on, "Can I still eat lunch with you and sleep at the house and still go to college." I told him, he just might be able to do that. When he heard all that, he decided that some day, he just might go to college.
I know he has NO idea what those words meant to mommy - but I will treasure them always.
Monday, March 7, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment