"I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart."

............

Kady's comment of the moment:

We had accidentally purchased some "Medium" Salsa instead of "Mild". Kady was telling us how hot it was and then said, "I wonder what "LARGE" tastes like?!"



Creed's comment of the moment:



Creed jumping up and down with excitement yelling - "Yeah, I love Open House. Woo-Hoo!!" And then, without missing a beat, looks up at me and asks, "What is Open House, by the way."




Thursday, June 10, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend with Family


We started off the weekend with some great weather! Grandpa and Creed played some kickball outside.

Sunday afternoon we had a cookout at my brother's new house. Somehow whenever all the cousins and the uncles get together it always turns into a wrestling/tickling fest! And somehow the two of them were able to hold up well to 5 wild children!


Luke and Creed pulled out the tunes on the piano. Lucky for us the piano had it's own database so we were able to "rock" to some good music.

Luke showed us his musical abilities with a little air guitar. Surely something he learned from his father! We spent many nights playing air guitar to Stryper, White Cross, Bloodgood, etc.

Grandma teaching Luke the tango. None of us knew she had it in her!

Watch out Luke - it's time for the dip!

AAAHHH!!!

Kady and Isaiah decided to try the tango out themselves.


Mom joined in for another dance. And yes, this time Chris was her partner. The sad thing was - they both knew this "medieval" dance!

And a summer weekend is never complete without some family time around the fire toasting some smores.



I LOVE this picture. Most of you don't know - but I am kind of an outdoorsy girl - so I love seeing the men in my life enjoying the outdoors.


We even let the kids play in the fire. I think we have a few little pyromaniacs on our hands!

Kady really enjoyed her smores! And this was after her first one - she had two more. You can imagine what she looked like after that! Poor girl. She needs to get a few more teeth so she can eat with her front teeth again!

No comments: