"I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart."

............

Kady's comment of the moment:

We had accidentally purchased some "Medium" Salsa instead of "Mild". Kady was telling us how hot it was and then said, "I wonder what "LARGE" tastes like?!"



Creed's comment of the moment:



Creed jumping up and down with excitement yelling - "Yeah, I love Open House. Woo-Hoo!!" And then, without missing a beat, looks up at me and asks, "What is Open House, by the way."




Monday, June 21, 2010

Little Getaway

We went to St Louis this week to "take a break from it all!" Kady had earned tickets to a water park and to Six Flags through the reading programs at school - so we thought we would take advantage of those tickets and enjoy a little getaway this week. We went Raging Rivers, a water park in Grafton on Tuesday and planned to head to Six Flags on Wednesday. Unfortunately, we got rained out of the water park - but no rain on Wednesday! Although, with the temperature in the 90s a little bit of rain would have felt good that day!! But, regardless of the temperature, we had a GREAT time. The kids LOVED both parks and did a great job. Six Flags was not busy at all. We walked up to most rides and got right on. Chris even rode four different rollercoasters in less than an hour! We found out later that afternoon when we made our way to the water park that everyone was THERE! It was a BUSY place. So, we just went back and rode Thunder River and the Log Flume and cooled off that way. We came home exhausted - but it was a good exhaustion! And, as always, here are a few pictures from our adventure:




This is the ONLY picture I got from Raging Rivers. We are sitting on the bench outside the dressing rooms waiting to see if they were going to close the park due to the upcoming storm. And they did. But - the offer RAIN CHECKS!!! So - we can go back another day and enjoy a few more hours of some fun in the sun!



Kady riding the airplane ride in the "little kids" area at Six Flags.


Creed riding the airplane ride.



Creed got to drive the little antique cars. Notice the expression on the employees face. Even he is afraid of this situation. It was quite the bumpy ride!




Mommy and Creed riding on the cars.



Kady asked ALL day to ride on the Superman ride. It is one of those that you sit on a seat and go up and then fall like 10-20 stories straight down. We told her no because neither Chris or I wanted to ride it. Lucky for us we found a "smaller version" in the Bug's Bunny kids area. Kady got to ride it twice and was smiling both times - even after a HUGE meal!



Creed and Kady rode the swings. If you can find Kady (she is the fourth one back to the left) you will notice that behind her is Creed. And, you cannot see Creed's feet because they weren't long enough to dangle. They just stuck straight out! It was quite funny to see!!!! I told him to hold on and not let go or move at all!! I must have scared him, because I don't think he moved an inch the whole ride!




One of the last rides of the day. The scrambler with daddy!



Six Flags would not be Six Flags without riding the Scooby Doo ride. This used to be the "tunnel of love" for those of you as old as me - but it is now the Scooby Doo ride where you get to "shoot" all the "bad guys" while you ride in the cool water. Now, let me just say, this was the only ride we had to really wait in line for. And I am pretty sure the only reason we had to wait in line was because it was AIR CONDITIONED inside!!



While Kady and Chris went for a loop on the Ferris Wheel, Creed and I took a ride on the train. I think Creed would have rode it all day if he had the choice! I must admit - it was nice to sit back and let someone else take us to another part of the park!



The end of the day - walking two tired (make that three), sweating, exhausted
children to the van. We stayed until they closed the park - but we had a GREAT day!

No comments: