"I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart."

............

Kady's comment of the moment:

We had accidentally purchased some "Medium" Salsa instead of "Mild". Kady was telling us how hot it was and then said, "I wonder what "LARGE" tastes like?!"



Creed's comment of the moment:



Creed jumping up and down with excitement yelling - "Yeah, I love Open House. Woo-Hoo!!" And then, without missing a beat, looks up at me and asks, "What is Open House, by the way."




Sunday, April 19, 2009

Weekend Fun

We have been BUSY around here this weekend. The kids and I have taken on some projects that have needed to be done for a while. And, since it rained ALL day Saturday - we opted to do some work. Ok, not really we, but more like mommy decided.
Friday night I went to work sanding the joint compound I had used to fill in the MANY holes and cracks I found under the wallpaper I recently removed in the kitchen. (Just a side note, if you plan on putting wallpaper on your wall, don't put it directly on the drywall. Prime first! The next owners will greatly appreciate you for it -:) ) Anyway, I decided since I basically had to redo the walls - I would use the sander for this project. The kids and I loaded up and got some 120 sandpaper. It was all going well until Creed came running up to me asking why the kitchen was full of smoke. Well, the little bag that I had so carefully placed on the end of the sander was not doing its job. I looked up and noticed that not only was I white with drywall dust - but so was the ENTIRE kitchen. Let's just say, I was glad the doors to the other rooms were closed. So, I finished up by hand and cleaned up the inch of drywall dust the covered everything! My bed found me, but it was WAY later than I had planned!
Saturday morning the kids and I went to the grocery store. For those of you with young kids, you know this is always an adventure. And when both kids were screaming and crying when we pulled in the parking lot, I knew I was in for it!! So, I decided that we would use two carts that day. Kady could push a small one and get things for the Caravan camp-out (yes, I am a glutton for punishment) and Creed and I would fill our own cart. That worked well, at least as far as Kady was concerned. Creed, still kept trying to get out of the cart. Those buckles are not made well enough to keep my kids in!
So - after getting home and dragging everything from van to house in the pouring rain, I decided it was painting time. I adorned the kids in old clothes, covered ALL the furniture and the living room carpet and we went to work. They each got a brush and were all ready to paint. Now, just so you don't think I am completely insane, I did give them boundaries and only allowed them to paint primer in one area. Things were going well, until I heard Creed say oops. I looked over and he had accidentally stepped into the paint tray. OK, this could be possible. And, we are tearing up the carpet soon anyway, so we just wiped him up and continued on our work. Then, all of the sudden, I heard this little tattle-telling voice saying, "Kady stepped in the paint". I looked over to find a set of footprints on the floor. Needless to say, this was NOT an accident! So, Kady was done painting for the morning.
Later that day, we went to work on the top layer of paint. I thought ahead this time and decided I had a perfect place for the kids to paint, on the wall BEHIND the refrigerator. I explained to them again, we don't eat the paint, we don't get it in other's hair or face, and we don't step in the paint. (I had to add this one due to the early morning incident) They painted the wall (at least that is what they called it) and we finished up the kitchen. YEAH!!!
Sunday morning was church. Then, this afternoon, it was time to mop the playroom floor. Now for most people this is quite a chore, but around our house we make it a time of fun! I mop (just in case you wanted to know - vinegar and water is GREAT for laminate - no film or streaks) and then the kids get to "dry". They lay their towels down on the ground and I pull them around the room. Then, they get to take turns pulling each other (more like dumping each other). It works out great for me. They will clean the playroom anytime if they know they get to slide around on towels for their efforts!
So - now it is Sunday night and I gotta admit - I am EXHAUSTED! I'm gonna get the kids to bed, put in a good movie, eat some ice cream, and then drag myself into bed!

This is for Daddy - From Kady and Creed. (Notice the little note in the middle)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you guys too!

Daddy

Honeybee said...

How inventive you are with the mopping of floors! BTW, you ARE going to keep the footprints for a scrapbook, yes?