Sunday morning we had our "Badge Ceremony" at church. I have to tell you, Caravan is ALOT of work - but it is SO MUCH FUN! The kids really enjoy it and I have GREAT teachers that make the program possible! I realized once again just how much I HATE getting up in front of people. You give me a group of kids - and I can talk to them for hours. You put me up in front of a group of adults and my stomach is immediately in knots, I have to instantly pee, I feel my knees literally shaking, and I get this quiver in my voice that I KNOW everyone else can hear. So, this time - I really blew it. I had the quiver and then got so nervous I forgot to breathe. Do you know that you can't keep talking if you don't breathe? So, I had to stop, tell everyone that I hate getting up in front of them - take a breath and go on! But hey, we made it through (and I didn't pass out in the process :-) ) Now, Friday night Chris and I (and some other brave souls will be doing a cook-out/camp-out with 50 kids. That should be interesting! I'm sure I will have a few things to post from that experience!!
Well - not much else to say. I'll just leave you with this. I was helping Creed put on his pjs the other day and I told him to put his "right leg in first". He looked at me and said, "OK, and then we will put in my 'wrong leg'." He always makes me smile!! Have a great week!

No comments:
Post a Comment