"I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart."

............

Kady's comment of the moment:

We had accidentally purchased some "Medium" Salsa instead of "Mild". Kady was telling us how hot it was and then said, "I wonder what "LARGE" tastes like?!"



Creed's comment of the moment:



Creed jumping up and down with excitement yelling - "Yeah, I love Open House. Woo-Hoo!!" And then, without missing a beat, looks up at me and asks, "What is Open House, by the way."




Thursday, September 18, 2014

Catching Up ...

It's been three years since I have blogged anything.  Seems crazy!!  Things have REALLY changed around here.  The kids have grown up too fast, we have been busier than you can be, we have taken new jobs, and we have relocated our family 1,000 miles from what we used to call home.  So - I thought it was probably time to get this thing going again.  Just in case any of those people we left behind are interested in what we do around here. :)  I'll get to all that later - but first post a few pics from the last few years. 


Creed has learned to take selfies.  And unfortunately - do his own hair. :)
 
We were able to meet some new friends when a new associate pastor came to our church.  They quickly became friends/family!

Creed had to write an essay in school last year.  He answered the question - what is worth more to you than gold.  (Sorry the pics upside down - it's been awhile since I have posted anything)



If you aren't into reading 2nd grade writing - it says:
I like gold but I would take God.  This is why.  He created my family, helps me with problems.
God keeps me safe every time.  He created life on the ground and also living beings.  I love God a lot.  God's awesome.
I think you should love God too.  God created you in His own image.


Kady and Creed both participated in Bible Quizzing.  Kady made it to the World Quiz in Indianapolis last May and Creed and her both made it to the regional Quiz at Olivet Nazarene University this past May.  Creed was pretty proud of himself.  (As he should be)

I call these two my monkeys.  They are forever climbing trees or anything else they can find to climb.


Kady has grown and cut her hair twice over the past few years.  Both times she has donated her hair.


Creed has become quite the construction worker.  Over the past few years Chris has spent January to April in Colorado while the kids and I held down the fort in Illinois.  Creed has learned how to use power tools and help me fix things around the house or make something.  Above - he helped me make a HUGE planter.  We really were proud of our efforts.  And this thing will be getting on the U-Haul truck to Colorado!!


My family doing what we do best - eating.  And s'mores are the best!!


Kady with a couple of her cousins - Olivia and Savannah
And the rest of the White cousins - a crazy gang!


Part of the James-Monroe gang with Kady

And we have definitely made time to spend with friends and family.  We have been so blessed to not only have "blood relatives" but also those that we consider family. 


 
Creed tried his hand at baseball.  Said it wasn't his thing - but he sure improved as the summer went along.  His team even ended up taking first place for the league!


We still have Oreo. 
ALL the Freesmeyer cousins that were at Christmas a few years ago.  (And no - this is not even the majority of them!)  Chris has a BIG family.


And since at this point - I was still a good mom - pictures from the first day of Fourth Grade and Second Grade.  This year - I didn't even take one picture!!!  Yeah - I'm that mom now.


 






2 comments:

Mom said...

Glad to see you back on. It will help lessen the distance between us.

Unknown said...

Yeah I like this