We were driving to church tonight and out of the blue -
Creed asks, "Mom does J (our neighbor) go to our church."
I said, "No, he does not go to our church."
"Does he go to any church?"
"No, I'm afraid he does not. We have invited him to go to church, but he has not come yet."
"Mom, do you think J believes in God?"
"I don't know Creed."
"Mom, do you think J has a Bible?"
"I don't know. But, I would hope he does."
"Can I give J a Bible? That way he would know about God. Everybody should have a chance to know about God."
"Creed, I think that would be a great idea."
"Can I give him my Bible? I can always get another one. We can just cross my name out and write Jay's name."
"I think that would be very kind of you Creed"
"I'm gonna wrap it for Christmas"
At this point, mommy is still driving, but now very cautiously as the tears are flowing. Why didn't I think to give my neighbor or all my neighbors a Bible for Christmas? And why don't I know if my neighbor knows who God is? Guess God used a little five year old to teach me a lesson today.
Wednesday, December 21, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment