"I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart."

............

Kady's comment of the moment:

We had accidentally purchased some "Medium" Salsa instead of "Mild". Kady was telling us how hot it was and then said, "I wonder what "LARGE" tastes like?!"



Creed's comment of the moment:



Creed jumping up and down with excitement yelling - "Yeah, I love Open House. Woo-Hoo!!" And then, without missing a beat, looks up at me and asks, "What is Open House, by the way."




Friday, October 2, 2009

An Update on the Princess

We have been awaiting an answer for Kady's "bump" for many weeks. We are hoping on Tuesday we will get a few more answers. We go Tuesday morning to Children's hospital for a visit and an MRI and whatever else needs to be done to get some needed answers. I am hopeful, yet concerned. To be completely honest, I have held together REAL well the last few weeks until this week. It has been a little more trying. Kady has been extra tired, whiny, and uncooperative the last few days. And, all this mommy can think is - maybe they were wrong. Maybe she does have something more. And, I let the worry come in. And this morning - even when we learned that Kady has an ear infection, the worry still has not left. It helps in knowing that there is another reason for the fatigue and the "attitude" lately, but I have something inside me that just wonders if the infection is all there is.
Now the preparation begins. The "preparing of the mind" I like to call it. I am preparing myself for ANYTHING. Hoping for the best - preparing for whatever we may hear. Preparing for the visit. Preparing myself for the doctors questions. Preparing myself for my questions. Preparing myself for the needles. (Not that I really need to - Kady takes a needle like a soldier!) Preparing myself for the time sitting in the waiting room while she is sedated. Preparing myself for the "wickedness of a child" that follows a sedation. Preparing for the results. Preparing for a groggy ride home. Preparing for going home with no answers. Preparing for going home with an undesired answer. Preparing for going home with a welcome answer. Just preparing.
In my hopeful world - we walk in, the doctor greets us (without his heavy accent :) ), he feels her bump and says - oh this is "___" and all we need to do is simply take this pill and it goes away. Or we get the MRI, see the doctor and he says - we have verified this is a benign mass - we'll remove it and you will never lose another minute of sleep due to this "bump". But - that is my hopeful world, and as I have learned over the last few years - the hopeful world is usually far from reality.
So - amidst this rambling - I guess I am asking for prayer. Prayer for Kady, for strength and endurance as she faces this long day. Prayer for me, for strength, patience, a peace, and a little more faith! Prayer for Chris as he drives, endures two stressed out women, and tries to be the supportive daddy and husband he always is.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My prayers are with you Anita, for each of you in the specific way each of you need. Love you guys.
Aunt Pam