"I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart."

............

Kady's comment of the moment:

We had accidentally purchased some "Medium" Salsa instead of "Mild". Kady was telling us how hot it was and then said, "I wonder what "LARGE" tastes like?!"



Creed's comment of the moment:



Creed jumping up and down with excitement yelling - "Yeah, I love Open House. Woo-Hoo!!" And then, without missing a beat, looks up at me and asks, "What is Open House, by the way."




Friday, June 12, 2009

A Day at the Magic House - Picture Overload

Okay, I know this post is a little late since we were actually at the Magic House last Saturday - but hey, we have been pretty busy around here this week. And, unfortunately, my massive amount of pictures are all backwards since for some reason Blogger will not let me move them this time, so you will just have to either scroll down and start from the end, or go backwards. The choice is yours!!This was our last stop. The sign out front before we left for the day. (Well, actually our last stop was a Popsicle, but hey, this was it inside the Magic House) As you can tell from the picture. Creed was done for the day!
Kady had waited ALL day for this!! When we went last year, she was too young to go through the Lewis and Clark Adventure. This year, we got to go. And yes, mommy went with her. I just thought it was some maze. I was wrong! There was NO maze! It was slides, rope swings, and SMALL tunnels to go through. Let's just say that it is not made for people as large as me. So, it was quite comical! But, we had fun!

The "Market". The kids can go "shopping" for all sorts of items. They had so much fun filling up their baskets, but the fun was over when Creed realized he didn't actually get to KEEP the laundry detergent he had just purchased. After two days of no naps, the exhaustion over took him and Creed was DONE. Unfortunately, Kady was not. So, Creed and daddy escaped while Kady and I went on!


Creed waited ALL day to go fishing! Kady had told him all about it and he was ready. Unfortunately, he was not the first one to get the fishing pole, so he is waiting "patiently" as you can tell by his face!!



Creed and Kady were our waiter and waitress at the pizza place. They took our order, poured us glasses of water, gave us pizza, dropped our plates a few times, and then charged us a TON for our fake dinner. But it was fun! We even gave them a real tip for their piggy banks since they were such helpful workers!





The "static" ball. We have a picture of Kady at this last year I was not able to find today. It wasn't working real well that day, so the hair didn't fly as much as usual, but it was still fun. Creed had no desire to venture near that thing!

This is a scary thought!


A battle of muscles. Creed and Chris versus Kady. It was not a fair fight - but it was fun to watch.


The bubble room. We spent awhile in there. Notice the big bubble. This was not our biggest. We battled it out, one parent on each side, and let's just say Kady and I ended up pretty wet before the challenge was done!

Kady in her "gear" at the construction zone. She was quite the attraction!




This was as close as Creed wanted to get. I thought he would jump right in. I was SO wrong!


Kady driving the front end loader.



Kady and Creed were working together to load bricks up to the landing in the construction zone.



Another favorite of my kids. Basically this was a big vacuum with many hoses that took up an entire wall. The kids could put scarves or soft balls in it and they would "float" through the hoses to the end of the maze. It fascinated them all - as you can tell.


They had a secret detective room. The kids had to find clues and solve mysteries. And one point, the big kids could go up in the duct work and climb through secret passages until they reached the slide and secret passageway at the end. It was really cool.



This was the coolest thing! They had a "beanstalk" the kids could climb up and down while the parents went up and down the stairs. It was VERY interesting watching Creed trying to figure out how to get up or down. He'd start down and somehow ended up going up. So, he eventually found his way out and settled for the stairs. I don't have a picture - but this was Kady's mode of transportation most of the day.


Creed enjoyed hammering the nails in the shoes in Fairytale Land. He hammer one side and flip it over and he could nail the other side. Another time he had to be pulled away!





I could not get Creed away from this thing. It was a BIG guitar and they would start at the top and roll a ball down and it would "play" the music as it rolled down the guitar. Well - when I finally did get Creed away, we had to return because it was near the bathroom. So, any bathroom breaks and Creed was playing his guitar again. And by the 3rd or 4th trip - he had discovered that he could grab ALL the balls (like 10 or so) and roll them all down at once!!! We were not well liked with the other parents at that moment.


This was really cool. The kids got to use a "triangle stick" (for lack of a better word) to play a song as the big wheel went along. What was cool was the song was one that Chris and I had at our wedding MANY years ago!

No comments: