"I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek Me and find Me when you seek Me with all your heart."

............

Kady's comment of the moment:

We had accidentally purchased some "Medium" Salsa instead of "Mild". Kady was telling us how hot it was and then said, "I wonder what "LARGE" tastes like?!"



Creed's comment of the moment:



Creed jumping up and down with excitement yelling - "Yeah, I love Open House. Woo-Hoo!!" And then, without missing a beat, looks up at me and asks, "What is Open House, by the way."




Tuesday, May 3, 2011

My polka-dotted marshmallow

Creed has been having quite a few reactions lately. It seemed like every time I turned around Creed's face or hand had hives on them. The problem is - we couldn't really figure out WHY he was having so many reactions. All the things we knew he was allergic to were not present when the hives started. So - we figured it was a new allergy - we had to figure out. Side bar: The good thing that came out of all these reactions was that Creed was now able to know for himself when he was beginning to look like a polka-dotted marshmallow. :)
Well - Creed comes up to me one afternoon. He had been lying on the floor, playing with the dog. As soon as he came to me, I knew we had an issue. His face was looking swollen and as he walked out of the shadows, I saw the hives. His face and hands were COVERED in hives. He said he was itchy, but could breathe fine. So - I compromised with him and agreed we would just use benadryl and no epi-pens unless it became worse. I asked him WHAT he was doing and he said he was letting Oreo (our dog) lick him. I asked if he had been letting Oreo lick him often. He said yeah. And then he said, and sometimes it itches! There we have it. We have a hypo-allergenic dog - but they can't make a breed with hypo-allergenic saliva. So, we have discovered this mystery and have tried to impress on Creed that allowing the dog to lick him is not a good option. :)
I took a few pictures of Creed after I had given him the benadryl. It is REALLY hard to see the hives. They are the purple dots on his face. BUT - you can see how swollen his little cheeks, nose, and eyes are.









No comments: